Making changes

Was going to let it run but came home half way through the greyhounds trading day and found it was running at a loss. I was expecting at least a low level of growth. I analysed the day’s trades so far and there was an obvious problem. The lay-then-back (LB) trades were significantly underperforming the back-then-lay (BL) trades. I only started the LB’s yesterday after amending my code, at the same time I introduced price entry restrictions. Another IMPORTANT NOTE only change one characteristic at once, then test. Up to the point of analysis the bot was running at a loss of -0.48 (excl. comm) on the day. With LB’s removed it would have been +1.28(excl. comm).

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s